Composition • One-part
• Polydimethylsiloxane adhesive
• Automated or manual needle dispense systems
Applications • Sealing openings in modules and housings
• Adding mechanical stability to individual components
• Assembly of components on PWB/s
• Sealing in and around wired and electrical leads
• Yoke assembly
All surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned and/or degreased with DOWSIL™ brand OS
Fluids, naphtha, mineral spirits, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) or other suitable solvent.
Solvents such as acetone or isopropyl alcohol (IPA) do not tend to remove oils well, and any
oils remaining on the surface may interfere with adhesion. Light surface abrasion is
recommended whenever possible, because it promotes good cleaning and increases the
surface area for bonding. A final surface wipe with acetone or IPA is also useful. Some
cleaning techniques may provide better results than others; users should determine the best
techniques for their particular applications.