LOCTITE 222 for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners
1. For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal)
with a LOCTITE®
cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
2. If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too
slow, spray all threads with Activator SF 7471™ or SF
7649™ and allow to dry.
3. Shake the product thoroughly before use.
4. To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not
allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
5. For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto
the bolt at the nut engagement area.
6. For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product down
the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
7. Assemble and tighten as required.
8. For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product
to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first
thread free. Force the material into the threads to
thoroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids,
adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead
of product on the female threads also.
- Global Tab
LOCTITE 222 is designed for the locking and sealing of
threaded fasteners which require easy disassembly with
standard hand toolsThe product cures when confined in the
absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and
prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration
Particularly suitable for applications such as adjustment of
set screws, small diameter or long engagement length
fasteners, where easy disassembly is required without
shearing the screwThe thixotropic nature of LOCTITE®
222 reduces the migration of liquid product after application to the